This is a delicious and easy version of your traditional scampi, but vegan & made with Dr. Praeger’s Classic Chick’n Tenders
Pasta with anything lemon = a joy to my life.
Anything Scampi is a super popular recipe. Normally this recipe is not vegan by using animal products such as shrimp or chicken. I wanted to veganize this by adding some delicious crispy Vegan chick’n. I also decided to omit the wine and sub with vegetable broth instead.
Whats the best way to do this? I used the delicious Classic Chick’n Tenders by Dr. Praeger’s. It is apart of their Pure Plant Protein Line that dropped late last year. All the products in the Plant Protein line are vegan, soy free, gluten free & made with avocado oil. Also, they’re all packed with protein.
Alone, three pieces of the Classic Chick’n Tenders contain 14 grams of plant based protein. Instead of containing soy, they contain pea protein. So they’re perfect if you have a soy allergy.
These babies also contain cauliflower & white bean. Love the added use of veggies in these tenders!
Stating how much I love Dr. Praeger’s is pretty obvious at this point. All their Vegan products are incredible and the amount of diversity in the different types of products they create make it easy for everyone to enjoy something. Whether you want a nice veggie burger, hash browns, or now these delicious Chick’n Tenders (which also comes in a BBQ & Buffalo flavor) the possibilities are truly endless. The Pure Plant Protein line also involves two other veggie burgers, vegan sausages & veggie nuggets. This new line has been a game changer and everything is on point.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @plantbasedjane.
- 1 box Dr. Praeger's Classic Chick'n Tenders
- 1/2 box spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Begin by pre-heating your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place your chick'n tenders on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Cook for 14 minutes flipping the tenders halfway.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water once pasta is done cooking.
- Bring a large sauté pan up to medium heat and melt your butter. Add in your chopped shallots, salt, pepper & red pepper flakes and cook for 2-3 minutes. After 2-3 minutes, add your garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add in your vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Let simmer until the vegetable broth has reduced by half.
- In the meantime, chop up your chick'n into bite sized pieces.
- Add your cooked pasta to the pan as well as your chick'n, lemon juice & parsley. Coat everything in the sauce and remove from heat. If the sauce seems a little dry, add in some of the reserved pasta water gradually until desired sauce consistency.
Thank you to Dr. Praeger’s for sponsoring this post. It means a lot to me to work with brands I love and support my blog!