Want to switch up your pasta nights and add some creativity in less than 20 minutes? Try this delicious Vegan ricotta pasta dish.
I guess this recipe is technically baked ziti without the “baked.” However, I am loving it. When I ask people what kind of recipes they want to see on my blog, the answer is normally “easy” or “fast.” I am also interested in those types of recipes so I love to I am really excited about this one!
Pasta with your favorite sauce is always the perfect meal. I wanted to elevate it by adding a tofu ricotta in the mix. It makes this dish super creamy but also has the addition of protein!
This ricotta is obviously nut free and is so tasty. The secret ingredient to my tofu ricotta is vegan cream cheese. You can totally use whatever cream cheese you’d like but I really like Tofutti for this recipe.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me in the photo on IG @plantbasedjane
- 2 cups pasta of choice, uncooked
- 1 cup jarred pasta sauce
- 1/4 package firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. One cooked, drain and return to the pot.
- As the pasta cooks, combine all the ricotta ingredients in a bowl and mash thoroughly with a fork.
- Add your pasta sauce and ricotta to the pot with pasta and mix to combine.