Cozy up with this creamy sun dried tomato sauce on pasta, bread, or even use as a dip!
Thanksgiving has come and gone, and now it’s time to take a little break from the holiday recipes.
I obviously thought the perfect recipe to release after Thanksgiving was a pasta recipe. I am too predictable.
So here we have this delicious and creamy sun-dried tomato pasta sauce. It also had roasted red pepper, lemon juice and vegan cream cheese. It is very yummy and relatively easy to make. It is a bit similar to my romesco sauce but also unique on it’s own. I know you’re going to love it!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @plantbasedjane
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 roasted red pepper (jarred in water)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese (I recommend Tofutti)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- Heat up your two tablespoons of butter in a skillet on low heat and allow for it to melt.
- Add in your diced onion and continue to cook on low for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, add in your garlic and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add cooked onions and garlic to a blender and add in your remaining ingredients. Blend until everything is combined. Serve over some pasta with some greens and extra sun dried tomatoes!