Who doesn’t love crispy tofu? Make this delicious crispy tofu dish in a delicious orange sauce.
Recipe testing has definitely been much different than usual. Two months ago if I was out of an ingredient, I would leave the house casually to pick it up. Over the past month, life has been very different.
I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy during this COVID-19 pandemic.
We are all at a definite stand still just waiting for this nightmare to end. I’ve been doing my part of only going out of the house to get groceries (once a week or every two weeks) and to walk my dog.
So when I looked in my fridge and saw broccoli and an orange, I thought why not! Everything else in this recipe is considered a pantry staple so they’re ingredients you likely have on hand.
What’s in this recipe?
- orange juice (freshly squeezed or bottled)
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- maple syrup
- rice vinegar
- garlic powder
- ground ginger
- corn starch
You do not need to go out and get a fresh orange for this recipe. If you have a bottle of orange juice in your fridge that is just as good as long as the ingredients are only 100% fresh squeezed oranges.
Garnishing with sesame seeds is optional as well.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG @plantbasedjane or in stories.
- 1 14oz block extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or any neutral oil)
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- For the sauce
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- Cut your tofu and add to a large gallon sized ziplock bag with your cornstarch. Mix around and allow the corn starch to coat all sides of the tofu. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add and mix all of your sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan on medium heat, add in your oil. Once your oil is shimmering, add in your tofu. Cook on all sides for 2-3 minutes or until the tofu has become crispy. Add in your sauce and coat the tofu while allowing for the sauce to thicken up.
- Serve with veggies of your liking and rice!