Try these delicious cauliflower steaks with a creamy spinach rice. Made in partnership with Maya Kaimal.
Cauliflower has really taken over the vegetable world for the last couple of years. Rice, gnocchi, pizza crust…It is such a versatile veggie.
I personally really love making cauliflower “steaks.” It’s a fun and unique way of eating this delicious vegetable.
This isn’t any cauliflower steak though, this is cauliflower steak smothered and baked in the Maya Kaimal Coconut Korma Indian Simmer Sauce. This simmer sauce is creamy and delicious. It has spices like cardamon, paprika and turmeric. I use the Maya Kaimal simmer sauces in so many different recipes. Chickpeas, tofu, tempeh, pasta…the possibilities are endless.
Another great thing about these sauces are that they’re shelf stable. I always keep a few jars of their endless vegan simmer sauces in my cabinet because they are truly so delicious.
Another product from Maya Kaimal that I included in this recipe is their Perfectly Plain Surekha Rice. The Surekha Rice is a new product that also comes in a Turmeric & Cumin flavor. Both are tasty and only take 90 seconds to make. I’ve never heard of Surekha Rice until these hit the shelves. I was blown away to find out that Surekha Rice is nutritiously closer to brown rice than white rice. I love the texture and how easy it is to make. It is also shelf stable!
So what do you need for this recipe?
- Maya Kaimal Coconut Korma Indian Simmer Sauce
- Maya Kaimal Perfectly Plain Surekha Rice
- Vegan cream cheese of choice
- Lemon Juice
- Salt & Pepper
Simple ingredients with a delicious outcome!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me in the photo (or stories) on IG @plantbasedjane!
Some of the places you can find Maya Kaimal are: Amazon, Thrive Market, Whole Foods, Fairway, Gristedes, Morton Williams, Gourmet Garage, Target and more.
You can also use their store locator by clicking here.
- For the cauliflower steaks
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup Maya Kaimal Coconut Korma Indian Simmer Sauce
- For the creamy rice
- 1 package Maya Kaimal Perfectly Plain Surekha Rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegan cream cheese of choice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the cauliflower and create two 1 inch thick "steaks."
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add the steaks. Coat each side with some olive oil, salt & pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, flip and coat your steaks with the Coconut Korma Indian Simmer Sauce. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start your rice. Make your rice according to the package instructions for 90 seconds in the microwave.
- Bring a sauté pan to medium heat and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add in your spinach with a little salt and pepper. Once the spinach has cooked down add in your garlic and stir constantly for 30 seconds. Add in your rice and combine everything together. Add in your cream cheese and allow for it to cook down and coat the rice. Add a tablespoon or two of water if needed. Add in your lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste.
- Plate by adding your rice and top with the cauliflower steak. Enjoy!
Thank you to Maya Kaimal for sponsoring this post. It means a lot to me to work with brands I love who support my blog.