You can still enjoy meatballs without the meat. Try this delicious and easy recipe for chickpea meatballs.
I love spaghetti and meatballs! It’s such a classic dish that brings back so many memories. Since going Vegan I’ve been having a lot of fun trying to create my own take on classic recipes without the animal products.
One staple in my pantry that I always have on hand are cans of chickpeas. They’re so versatile and delicious in so many different recipes. I knew I wanted to try them as “meatballs” and I am SO happy with the result.
So what do you need for this recipe?
- Panko breadcrumbs
- Egg replacement (I used JUST Egg)
- Olive oil
- Nutritional yeast (or vegan parm)
- Vegan friendly Worcestershire sauce (I recommend Annie’s brand)
If you’re gluten free, sub for gluten free breadcrumbs. If you don’t have an egg replacer on hand, try 2 flax eggs. It’s easy to switch things out in this recipe and use what you have on hand.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes don’t forget to tag me on IG @plantbasedjane
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons JUST Egg (Or any other egg replacement/flax eggs - 2 "Eggs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon vegan friendly Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Combine everything In a food processor until everything is blended together and smooth.
- Using a measuring spoon to form 1 tablespoon amount, roll into a ball. This recipe makes 10-12 meatballs.
- On a sauté pan heat a little oil until shimmering. Add meatballs and cook for 5-7 minutes turning all sides until it’s cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with some spaghetti and your favorite sauce!