Try this delicious and easy recipe for Orange “Chicken” using Soy Curls.
I’ve recently been introduced to the wonderful world of Soy Curls. Soy Curls are a great substitution for “chicken” in many vegan recipes. It has a great texture and really takes on the flavor of whatever marinade or sauce you are using.
I went with an orange vegan chicken because who doesn’t love that? Serve this up with noodles, rice, etc. The possibilities are endless!
So what do you need for this recipe?
- Soy Curls – I buy them on Amazon here.
- Orange juice (freshly squeezed or bottled)
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- maple syrup
- rice vinegar
- garlic powder
- ground ginger
- corn starch
These are ingredients that you should easily have on hand!
If you do go for a freshly squeezed OJ option, make sure that it’s vegan.
Optional: Top with sesame seeds & green onion.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me in your IG posts & stories @plantbasedjane
- 1 bag soy curls
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- For the sauce
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tsp corn starch
- Begin by rehydrating your soy curls according to package instructions.
- Pat dry and add to a large ziplock with your cornstarch. Shake bag until all the soy curls are covered with corn starch.
- Add all the sauce ingredients, except water and cornstarch, in a bowl. In a smaller bowl mix the water and cornstarch together. Set aside.
- Working in batches, if needed, fry off the soy curls until all sides are crispy.
- Place all the soy curls back in the pan and add your sauce and mix around. Add in your water/cornstarch mix and everything together until the sauce has thickened up and coated the soy curls. Serve immediately.