Try this delicious and creamy pasta dish inspired by Summer.
While Summer is my least favorite season, it gives some of my favorite produce. Corn, tomatoes, peaches, etc. I love it all.
While this is certainly not the Summer (or year) we have all thought it was going to be, we can still celebrate with the fruit & veggies that are in season.
So what do you need for this recipe?
- Pasta of choice
- Corn – you can use fresh or frozen. Fresh is definitely ideal but there is absolutely nothing wrong with frozen corn and it something I use regularly
- Tomatoes – cherry or grape tomatoes recommended. I got the pretty tri-color cherry tomatoes and I think they enhanced the look of the dish
- Garlic – no explanation
- White wine – you can skip this step if you don’t drink or have wine
- Vegan cream cheese
- Unsweetened plant milk of choice – I used oat milk
- Nutritional yeast – to help give the pasta a cheesy and savory flavor
- Salt, pepper & basil for topping
I hope that you enjoy this recipe. If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG or in stories @plantbasedjane.
- 2 1/2 cups pasta of choice
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, optional
- 3 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Fresh basil topping
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and reserve around 1/4 cup starchy cooking water. Quarter your tomatoes.
- In a blender, blend your cream cheese and unsweetened plant milk. This will give us an easy vegan "heavy cream." Set aside.
- Heat up a saute pan on medium heat with a little olive oil. Add in your corn with a little salt and pepper and let cook for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes add in your garlic and cook for another 30 seconds. Pour in your white wine and cook until the wine has reduced. Add your cooked pasta, tomatoes and around 3/4 cup of your vegan heavy cream. Mix until combined. Add in your nutritional yeast and red pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If the sauce seems to be getting thick, gradually add in some of the reserved pasta water.
- Serve and top with fresh basil.