I love this recipe. Enjoy this delicious hoisin tofu over tater tots tossed in a bang bang sauce.
One of the most popular recipes on my blog is my bang bang tofu recipe. I really love when you guys send me pictures of you making it!
It became the main inspiration for this recipe right here. I love tater tots so much and I love spicy mayo so I knew combining the two would be fantastic. I threw some easy hoisin tofu on top and wow it is a fantastic meal! Serve it with some broccoli and you have the perfect weeknight dinner.
What do you need for this recipe?
For the tofu:
- Hoisin Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame oil
- Garlic powder
- Ground Ginger
For the bang bang tater tots:
- Tater tots
- Vegan mayo
- Rice vinegar
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me on IG in stories and posts @plantbasedjane
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 bag tater tots
- 2-3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 1-2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Drain and press your tofu for around 30 minutes to release excess water. Cube tofu. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a bowl combine your hoisin sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil, garlic powder and ground ginger. Add tofu and carefully toss in the marinade. Let sit for up to 15 minutes.
- Place tofu cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the tofu for 30 minutes flipping halfway.
- While the tofu cooks make your bang bang sauce. Combine your mayo, sriracha and rice vinegar in a bowl. Adjust spiciness to your liking.
- Add your tater tots to a baking sheet and cook according to package instructions. You can also air fry your tots.
- Once the tater tots are done add them to a large bowl and toss in the bang bang sauce. Mix carefully to avoid the tots from breaking.
- Serve your tots on the bottom topped with tofu.
- Optional: top with sesame seeds and chives/green onion.