Try this delicious vegan & nut free queso with chorizo!
I absolutely love Queso! It is warm, cheesy and delicious. It’s perfect as a dip or a topping to a burrito bowl, nachos, etc.
I wanted to make this Queso special so I included some vegan chorizo! It adds so much flavor and texture to the Queso! I used the Trader Joe’s brand but I also really like the Upton’s chorizo as well.
I don’t really make a lot of dips on the blog and I wanted to venture out! One of my New Years resolutions is to be more creative with the content I create. I have a lot of pasta recipes on the blog and I need to step it up a bit!
This Queso is also nut free! A win for nut free vegans.
What do you need for this recipe?
- Vegan cheddar cheese – I used Violife
- Vegan chorizo
- Yellow onion
- Jalapeños – you can keep the seeds in or remove them!
- Unsweetened non-dairy milk – I used oat milk
- Vegan cream cheese – optional but I thought it made it a bit creamier!
- Salt & pepper
Easy and less than 10 ingredients!
I hope that you enjoy this recipe! If you make any of my recipes, don’t forget to tag me in posts or stories @plantbasedjane
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil - or other neutral oil
- 6oz vegan chorizo
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced- to keep it milder remove the seeds, to make it spicy leave them and to keep it medium only remove the insides of one of the peppers.
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 1 8oz bag of vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Dice up the onion, tomato and jalapeño peppers.
- Using a saute pan on medium heat, add the oil. Once the oil is shimmering add in the onion, jalapeños, and chorizo. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the onion is translucent and cooked down. Add in the tomatoes and cook or another minute.
- Pour in the cheese and begin mixing. Gradually add in the milk until you get the consistency you want. I poured around 1/2 cup in.
- Add in the cream cheese and continue mixing until everything has melted down and comes together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.